This is another past project but it is significant as it is one of the first things I made where I started to manipulate a pattern to suit myself. This dress is 'frankenpatterned' from a Collette Crepe and a Simplicity skirt. I used a 100 % cotton Rose and Hubble marguerite print in red, one of 'my' colours, that I found on my first ever visit to Goldhawk Road. The inside of the dress is also finished off to a higher standard than any of my first projects - I used French seams and bound the middle join with bias binding. I took care to place the zip correctly too and the daisy trim around the neckline met exactly at each side.
I thought this post would be the ideal introduction to my next one, which will be all about the pattern cutting course I've just completed at the Fashion and Textile Museum in London, and of course it fits in nicely with Rosy's 'RED' themed 'Share in Style'. I'm glad to take part again!