Sunday 16 February 2014

City and Guilds Module 7 - Joins and Seams

I'm stuck into Module 9 now, but I haven't blogged about the rest of Module 7 or Module 8 yet ... enjoyed No.8, which was all about lace knitting and which I didn't have much experience of.  Do now though!

Anyway, as well as the cushion I designed in Module 7, there was plenty of sampling beforehand to find appropriate stitches.




































It's all good practice and my stitch library is expanding at a rapid rate.  Seams and joins are also in the module, including joining invisibly up a sleeve and a straight edge using Mattress Seam.

Then there are some decorative ones ....



















All of this sampling does have a purpose - I seem to be in a part of the course now where there is less of this and more actual design work where these techniques can be used.  It's been tough in places and I desperately want to make myself something now!  Have to design a sweater for Module 9 - wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I do love those decorative seams. I've been thinking I need to knit myself a cardigan or two, and these would look lovely on an otherwise plain jumper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, they would Bea. I've thought up some more since ... it's always the way with me ... always think of things I could have done ...

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...