Tuesday 18 February 2014

Fair Maids of February

Well, not strictly true in this case as these snowdrops have been out for some time ... Apparently, they are spectacular all over the UK at the moment - only one good thing to come from all the wet conditions we are experiencing.


These are in Cambridge Botanic Garden, where they are forming a carpet.  Looking closely, there are minute differences - some have pale green patterns at the centre, others are plain and some have bigger flowers than others - a bit like people really!!!  I believe there are snowdrop afficionados and collectors, known as galanthophiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...