I work with Copyright by day and Craft by night ....


Marguerite Designs is now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...

I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...

Saturday, 4 January 2014

New Year Sewing Round Up

Looking back over 2013, I'm surprised at how much sewing I actually did complete.  A couple of also rans too, which I hope to get going again in 2014.

There were three garments.  The first photo, a Colette Parfait for Kat's Independent Sewalong at Modern Vintage Cupcakes.  Then an Essential Top over at Faye's Sewing Adventure, using a New Look pattern. Finally, a hugely enjoyable Cake Patterns Tiramisu for The Sew Weekly Reunion.



Early in the year, I took part in the International Craft Swap organised by House of Pinheiro.  I made Beata, at Red Point Tailor a sewing wallet.


My knitting took precedence later in the year, so I resorted to small scale craft projects to keep my hand in with sewing.
The baubles are part of my own 'Sew Tiny' initiative http://margueritedesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/sew-tiny-or-oona-saves-day.html


Apart from some aprons for sale on the Country Market this Christmas.


I do miss my sewing, so now I'm relatively caught up with the knitting, there are some specific plans hatching in my brain for 2014 .......  More news soon ....

6 comments:

  1. Some beautiful garments you have sewed.. Love the dresses.. so pretty.. and all the pretty aprons.
    Happy sewing in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy - wish I'd had a bit more sewing time though ...

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Parfait and I love the sewing kit with a notebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might make some more sewing kits ... thanks Angela!

      Delete
  3. Your craft works are really beautiful ...I love the little felt decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love felt full stop Sarah Liz!

      Delete