Sunday 1 December 2013

Fabulous Mr Fox

I was going to call this Fantastic Mr Fox but didn't want to get into trouble with the Dahl Estate!  Anyway, I've actually managed to make something for myself alongside the course work I've been doing - more about that in a later post ...  Foxes are everywhere at the moment and this is meant to look like one of those fox fur stoles that ladies used to wear in the 30's and 40's.  I think he does!  Particularly the dangly legs!  The pattern is from Issue 89 of Knit Today and is designed by Louise Walker.  I've adapted it a bit though - instead of stocking stitch I used a seeded rib to give him a bit of texture and I also used the random yarn instead of a plain to give extra interest.  I like to think of my adaptations as the first stage towards making patterns of my own.  I love Mr Fox!  Just need to make a pair of gloves to go with him now ...





5 comments:

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...