I work with Copyright by day and Craft by night ....


Marguerite Designs is now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...

I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...

Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Goldhawk Road - The First Collection

When I first visited here in 2011, I didn't know what to expect and did some random buys of anything that caught my eye really. I came away with printed cottons, in different weights. I've used all but one, which is a thick waffle weave printed with large 'watercolour' flowers - it'll probably end up as a night-time wrap. These are my finished creations. The dress is a frankenpatterned Colette Crepe and Vintage Vogue (I used the front sweetheart bodice of the Crepe and the rest is a basic 50's style dress). It's made from a Rose & Hubble fine cotton twill with a 'marguerite' on a deep red polka dotted ground. The skirt is a basic 'go-to' Simplicity pattern, which I made several times during my Sew Weekly year. I used a loose weave cotton printed in painterly turquoise and purple roses, cut on the bias to give it lots of drape. The shirt is a Butterick pattern found in a charity shop for 50p - I'm making this again from my latest fabric finds, it's such a great pattern and a lucky find! This version is made in a crazy geometric/floral Italian printed fine cotton. More to come in the next post on my latest fabric finds ...

12 comments:

  1. What a great garments! You look so fabulous! The scenery is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beata - I really enjoyed making these things!

      Delete
  2. Lovely makes, the bright colours really stand out in the country setting you are in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red dress, and the sweetheart neckline with trimming awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Diane for the wonderful sewing gift! :) I blogged about it here: http://zibergirl.com/2013/08/08/sewing-gift-from-marguerite-designs/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. I'm so glad you like those things - it's so difficult to choose for someone!

      Delete
  5. Just love your outfits. I really like the length of these. Maybe because I like to be comfortable and not worry about my bum showing :)
    Nanasknoll from the White Mountains of Arizona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! - I like long things these days - much more comfortable.

      Delete
  6. so pretty... what lovely fabrics and they look beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Judy :-) I always love getting your comments.

      Delete