Now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...







I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...










Monday, 1 October 2012

The Hidden Colour of Manchester

When I was a student, years ago at the Polytechnic (as it was known then), our first project on the printed textiles course was, 'The Hidden Colour of Manchester'.  That was quite a challenge in those days, (the mid 80's).  Now, since the rejuvenation of the city, I can spot stuff all over the place ...


Lovely old city brickwork
Jewelled umbrellas outside Oklahoma - cafe and quirky gift shop

Memories of The Hacienda days ...

Some legendary Coronation Street stars
Fred Aldous arts and crafts shop window - this store has been here since the 1800's but is now enjoying huge popularity since the crafting revolution, hence 'make something'

The Pop Cafe

4 comments:

  1. what a fantastic looking city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Charlotte - I really miss it sometimes! Though maybe being away makes me appreciate it more ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for sharing these photos..What a lovely place..

    ReplyDelete