Thursday 8 September 2011

Saved by the Charity Shop ...

This was my offering for 'Plaid Week' at Sew Weekly, which can't have been that bad because it's appearing on the front page!  It's a 100% pure wool Pringle skirt, new, which I've altered to fit by taking out the zip, letting it out and re-sewing the zip in, along with a hook and eye.  I only paid £5 for it, yet I've since seen on the Pringle website that they can sell for a lot more.  Conscience is wondering what I should do ... though I have had to alter it and it could have hung there forever unloved and unused, plus I do contribute on a regular basis to that particular charity, so maybe if I wear it a lot and tell all those who compliment me that I got it from the Cancer Research shop, then I can encourage others to shop there and contribute.  Never underestimate the humble charity shop for beautiful clothes ....


1 comment:

  1. Wow it's beautiful - you've got a lovely quality skirt with a simple alteration and all for £5.00. And its a nice cheery plaid for winter.

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...