I work with Copyright by day and Craft by night ....


Marguerite Designs is now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...

I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...

Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Tartan Disaster

I had high hopes for 'Plaid Week', with some beautiful cloth (found at an RSPCA shop of all places), named Hunter Thomson.  I hopefully cut out an, 'easy one piece skirt' thinking, hey, only one seam to match up!  There was even an illustration of a plaid skirt on the cover ... how wrong could I be!  The tartan met at strange angles round the back and there was no hope of saving it at all ... I even cut it into two to try and make a front and a back but it was ruined ... THOUGH, it is now in the process of being turned into a plaid tote for me for autumn, and it's looking good, even though I do say so myself!  Image to follow soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment