Wednesday 24 August 2011

Treasure from Pakistan

My Dad's workmate brought this back from Pakistan for me.  I've had it over 20 years ... it's gorgeous isn't it? 

I've written a bit more about the creative process that went into cutting it out at Sew Weekly, suffice it to say it took me a loooong and deliberate time to decide whether or not to take the scissors to it.  Someone even suggested that I could have put it on the wall, but it would have been too big for that and anyway, I could always do that as it is now in it's current garment shape.  I still  have a lot of work to do on it.  I'm going to hand roll the hems, like silk scarves are done, as well as put covered buttons on the cuffs and neck opening.  I'm also going to bind the neck and cuff openings with edgings similar to those I used on my western shirt.

Overall, I'm glad I have this to wear now - with trousers or a simple shift dress underneath - something else I need to make!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...