I work with Copyright by day and Craft by night ....


Marguerite Designs is now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...

I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...

Thursday, 18 August 2011

Portobello Market

Although there had been trouble earlier on in the week in London, I went down to Portobello Market on Saturday 13 August and even took my Mum - she had a great time.  It was packed with tourists, particularly Italian - perhaps they liked the name!  The weather was gorgeous and perfect for browsing outdoors.

This post is mainly pictures, as they speak for themselves - all of the stuff was very reasonable there and on average priced between £5 - £10.  I came away with a couple of antique prints, brooches and buttons (for a planned winter coat). 


My purchases ... anchor buttons for a winter coat, cherry brooch, art-deco fan brooch and topaz coloured stone

I was torn between anchors and a royal crest ...


All handmade - has given me ideas for my own bags ...


There were loads of these kinds of stalls.

Hatpins - also being sold as stickpins, scarf and pashmina clasps.

Yummy colours.

Scenes of Venice long lapel coat.

The shadows hide the details I wanted to capture a bit - the bodice in the centre for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment