Thursday 18 August 2011

Portobello Market

Although there had been trouble earlier on in the week in London, I went down to Portobello Market on Saturday 13 August and even took my Mum - she had a great time.  It was packed with tourists, particularly Italian - perhaps they liked the name!  The weather was gorgeous and perfect for browsing outdoors.

This post is mainly pictures, as they speak for themselves - all of the stuff was very reasonable there and on average priced between £5 - £10.  I came away with a couple of antique prints, brooches and buttons (for a planned winter coat). 


My purchases ... anchor buttons for a winter coat, cherry brooch, art-deco fan brooch and topaz coloured stone

I was torn between anchors and a royal crest ...


All handmade - has given me ideas for my own bags ...


There were loads of these kinds of stalls.

Hatpins - also being sold as stickpins, scarf and pashmina clasps.

Yummy colours.

Scenes of Venice long lapel coat.

The shadows hide the details I wanted to capture a bit - the bodice in the centre for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...