Now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...







I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...










Monday, 16 May 2011

UK Sew Weekly Swap Meet, LONDON, Part I

Double stitching, contrast facing and bias bound edge.

Showing off the striped sleeve lining ...
There's so much to say that I'm doing my report over the course of this week.  Here's the first part.  OK - I had a complete day of self indulgence on 14 May when I went to the Sew Weekly UK Swap/Meet in London.  It was so refreshing to abandon everything and just 'go' to something like this.  I'd made my outfit in preparation - a denim 'blazer' type jacket and a 50's inspired roses print dress.  Here's the jacket on it's own.  I made it at the time of the Royal Wedding and it has red, white and blue striped details in the sleeve lining and facing, as there was lots of this kind of 'stuff' around.

2 comments: