Monday 16 May 2011

UK Swap Meet Part I - Outfit Plans

There's so much to say about the Sew Weekly Swap Meet that I'm doing my report over the course of this week.  So, here's the first part.

I had a complete day of self indulgence on 14 May when I went to the Meet in London.  It was so refreshing to abandon everything and just 'go' to something like this.  I'd made my outfit in preparation - a denim 'blazer' type jacket and a 50's inspired roses print dress.  Here's the jacket on it's own.  I made it at the time of the Royal Wedding and it has red, white and blue striped details in the sleeve lining and facing, as there was lots of this kind of 'stuff' around.  The denim is stretchy and very comfortable.


The photo just gives you an idea of what it's like - it's a hot day in the garden, which explains the floppy hat!

I used a Simplicity 8301 pattern that I had had in my stash since the 80's.  I just cut it out and gave it a go!  I wish I'd done it sooner as I love it - it went together so easily, it does say 4 hour jacket on the packet although it did take me a bit longer than the time stated.


See next post for details about my dress ...

2 comments:

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...