Now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...







I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...










Monday, 16 May 2011

Swap/Meet Dress

Squinting in the early morning sunshine of 14 May.

Taken at Butlin's holiday camp in the late 40's/50's.  My mum is on the far right.
I finished the dress this week - it's using the Colette Patterns 'Crepe' and I found the big, splashy roses print in my local fabric shop.  I used it as an excuse to tie in with the theme of a garment inspired by 'mum'.  She's very artistic and it reminded me of something she would paint - I tied it in with this photo of her in the late 40's, early 50's which she had tinted herself.

3 comments:

  1. YAY! for the beautiful crepe dress! It was fabulous meeting you on Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this fabric and I love your dress.so pretty.. Happy Sewing. Judy

    ReplyDelete