Wednesday 26 September 2018

Macmillan Bake Off Apron

It's that time of year again .... last year I posted about the Tracey Island cake I made for our work coffee morning.  I actually won 'Best Baker' with it!  I'm reluctant to lose my title so this year, I decided to make a special baking apron which could be raffled as a prize and so raise money that way.  I used a metre of Michael Miller 'Home Ec' fabric which I've had in my stash for a while now.  I used a toning purple bias binding for the finishing touches.  I made a couple of changes to the pattern, which is a Simplicity 1940's repro, as I didn't have quite enough fabric to make thicker waist ties but saying that, I quite like how mine turned out ....  I also missed out binding around the whole apron itself but I don't think that matters either - it might have been too much ....  I might add the rick rack which should go on the pocket borders next time I make it, which I will!  I really didn't want to give this away ....  I love the fabric and the apron shape itself is great - it looks like a little dress :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...