I work with Copyright by day and Craft by night ....


Marguerite Designs is now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...

I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...

Monday, 4 January 2016

A Look Back ....

I was quite productive in 2015, just not so much as in previous years!  The first part of the year saw me working hard to fulfil deadlines for my City & Guilds course, which I passed in February.  This was the culmination of years of hard work, sampling and designing along the way ...



I feel as if I now have a good, solid background to work from.  I've enjoyed taking time out since February to re-charge and evaluate where I want to go next.


My final project was this mohair jacket based on Autumn Leaf falls.  I feel so much more confident now in my ability to follow a design through from start to finish.  

Things weren't quiet on the sewing front either ...


I completed my first menswear item in a beautifully soft Yorkshire wool fabric with a satin back.



This Colette Aster is complete now - just need to get some decent photos when the weather improves a bit.  I also sewed a silk robe ...

I want to sew more this year and have a look round the Independent Pattern Companies.  What are your plans?  Would love to hear from my neglected sewing pals! 


4 comments:

  1. So happy you have had such a good year.. And finished your course. A wonderful accomplishment.
    Great job on the men's vest.. Looks difficult..
    I too, hope to sew more this year.. 2015 did not produce a lot of sewing.Lots of other things [house selling and remodeling an old house.whew!!!]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Know what it's like moving Judy - hope you're settled now. Look forward to seeing what you sew in 2016!

      Delete
  2. congratulations on finishing your course! Your knitting is really amazing. I love the waistcoat too.
    Happy new year to you.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charlotte and Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete