I work with Copyright by day and Craft by night ....


Marguerite Designs is now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...

I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...

Sunday, 1 June 2014

In the Gardens

I am so lucky to have Cambridge Botanic Gardens nearby.  These Digitalis purpurea are in flower at the moment - I make sure to have my little digital camera with me as there's always something to record.  I just love those spotty patterns inside the flowers!



Flower drawing (ie. painting - this was always called 'drawing' when I was in college, as you can draw with paint) has been a favourite thing for me to do.  I've recently had a couple of refresher lessons with a Botanical Artist and am giving some serious thought to taking it up again. Can't commit myself yet though, so I'll just keep observing for the time being ...

2 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous photos, Diane. I love foxgloves; they are our county flower, although I've not seen any in flower yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always something new to spot in the gardens - I've had my eye on these for a couple of days now.

    ReplyDelete