Saturday 2 November 2013

Quick Fashion Fix - Lunchtime Runway Show at the Grand Arcade

I'm already suffering from non-sewing withdrawl symptoms ... though my knitting is coming along ever so well!

Yesterday, at lunchtime, I was in the Grand Arcade, Cambridge, and just happened upon the beginnings of a runway show.  Great therapy!  I had a prime spot at the end of the catwalk and I think the models must have thought I was an official photographer or something as they started to twirl and pose in front of me once they'd spotted I had a camera!

The collections had three themes, James Bond, At Home for Christmas and Putting on the Ritz.  The clothes were all drawn from retailers in the Arcade and included Laura Ashley, John Lewis, Coast and Charles Tyrwhitt.

First up, James Bond, with a mainly black and white theme ...


My favourite was At Home for Christmas.  I loved this oversized check coat, which is bang on trend and for which I have the pattern and fabric... I'm thinking I might be able to sneak the making of this in while I'm on leave over Christmas.


This pink coat also featured.  Pink is all the rage at the moment and a sell out everywhere ...


The Laura Ashley collection included this gorgeous red and green combination with matching accessories.


Putting on the Ritz consisted of sparkle and glamour ...





Great models - this chap had danced at the Moulin Rouge and is currently a house dancer on Strictly.

Finally, furs and lingerie ...

  
Glad I stopped by for all this - completely by accident ...  What a treat and all for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...