Saturday 10 August 2013

Goldhawk Road - some latest finds ...

This time last week I was enjoying a wander in the sunshine with 30 + other sewists ... so now it's time for reflection and a look at the possibilities for my fabric haul! There's more to come but first up are the silks/silky stuff ... The 'billboard' posters is a synthetic with a silky feel to it - someone else came away with this - at only £2.99 per metre I've taken a chance on it but I've no idea what to do with it yet! The floral/stripe IS silk and I bought the end of the roll at a special price - I did only plan on enough for a dress but there's now plenty for a shirt as well, like the one I made below. The 'grey' looking stuff is in fact navy blue and silk again - for some trousers for my mum. She's been after a pair all summer but couldn't find any in the shops, so I'm going to have a go with it. The spotty navy fabric is synthetic again but lovely and silky and drapey and I think will be another pair of trousers plus a skirt for my mum again. More to come in the next post or so ...

4 comments:

  1. I love all the fabrics. The silver would be great for my grand daughter who likes shiny things and would go with some material i have to make her a skirt. enjoy and have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am looking forward to using these - especially the silk.

      Delete
  2. Diane, what lovely finds.. I love all of them.. Happy sewing..

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...