I work with Copyright by day and Craft by night ....


Marguerite Designs is now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...

I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...

Saturday, 10 August 2013

Goldhawk Road - some latest finds ...

This time last week I was enjoying a wander in the sunshine with 30 + other sewists ... so now it's time for reflection and a look at the possibilities for my fabric haul! There's more to come but first up are the silks/silky stuff ... The 'billboard' posters is a synthetic with a silky feel to it - someone else came away with this - at only £2.99 per metre I've taken a chance on it but I've no idea what to do with it yet! The floral/stripe IS silk and I bought the end of the roll at a special price - I did only plan on enough for a dress but there's now plenty for a shirt as well, like the one I made below. The 'grey' looking stuff is in fact navy blue and silk again - for some trousers for my mum. She's been after a pair all summer but couldn't find any in the shops, so I'm going to have a go with it. The spotty navy fabric is synthetic again but lovely and silky and drapey and I think will be another pair of trousers plus a skirt for my mum again. More to come in the next post or so ...

4 comments:

  1. I love all the fabrics. The silver would be great for my grand daughter who likes shiny things and would go with some material i have to make her a skirt. enjoy and have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am looking forward to using these - especially the silk.

      Delete
  2. Diane, what lovely finds.. I love all of them.. Happy sewing..

    ReplyDelete