Wednesday 5 June 2013

Old Haunts ...

I took a bus up to Piccadilly from outside the Costume Museum - 2 came along at once straightaway!  Travelled the length of Oxford Road, past the University and the Polytechnic buildings - now known at Manchester Metropolitan University.

I used to cross All Saints Park several times a day to get to the School of Art  ... picture taken from the bus window ...


Past the library ... spent many happy hours in here searching with microfiche ... before computers!


Piccadilly was extremely busy, due to The Manchester Games.  A long jump and high jump in Albert Square I believe, as well as a sprint up Deansgate!

Love the trams, a great addition to the city.


There seem to be markets on a regular basis in the centre of Piccadilly these days.  Always on different themes ...



Didn't have much time to spare as I had spent too long in the Costume Museum this time, but I hope to be back soon.  Did manage to find Purl City Yarns on Port Street in the Northern Quarter though.  They seem to stock a large range of the more unusual brands - will investigate properly next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...