Friday 12 April 2013

My next sewing project ....

I'm back in sewing mood now and although I already have my 'coat' to cut out and complete, it is actually going to be a winter one and I feel as if I want an interim project to do ... so, I'm one of the many admirers of Mary Berry's bomber jacket that she wore on BBC's The Great British Bake Off and I think I may have found a Burda pattern to make it with.  All I have to do now is hunt down some fabric .. which will be a fun thing to do on the wet spring days we're having at the moment.  I had hoped to do this on Goldhawk Road next week, but engineering works on the railway line mean that I can't go to the blogger meet-up (sob!).  I hope everyone has a great time there!  I'll console myself by searching for some fabric in my usual haunts and keep my mind occupied with figuring out how to make the jacket ...



Both images copyright BBC and re-published for the purposes of criticism and review only.


8 comments:

  1. Diane,
    So sorry you won't be able to go to the Meet up.. Know the girls will have fun..
    But , finding fabric for your jacket , will be fun too.. I loved this jacket too..
    BTY...I have been watching The British Sewing Bee on you tube.. I LOVE it.. [it is so much better than our project runway, the people are so nice]. I hated to see Tilly go..
    I am trying to decide what my next project will be.. I too, am ready to sew..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish there were a few more episodes, only two left now. Hope they make another series!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This jacket looks splendid and original! If you do not find it appropriate for the fabric (I think it is knitt sweater), then you can paint it with fabric paints! Ohhh, that would be so fun! Looking foward to see that you invent ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea rosy. I think I might have found something suitable, not a knit and a bit different to this one, though I think it will work equally as well.

      Delete
  4. Wow I approve! Ha! Get way to jump back into sewing, I'm looking forward to seeing your jacket come together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, fast fingers, that should be "great"!

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...