I work with Copyright by day and Craft by night ....


Marguerite Designs is now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...

I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...

Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Essential Top - Finished!

Done at last!  There's been a lot of hand sewing involved, as this fabric frays so easily and needs to be false French seamed on the insides.  I also finished the hems by hand.  I love it though and I think this will be a favourite!  All in all, it's only cost £3.00 to make.  I found the fabric for £2.50 in a charity shop, as well as the thread for 50p.  I already had the pattern and some interfacing.  I've just sent these pictures to Faye at http://fayessewingadventure.blogspot.co.uk/ so  she can add them into her Essential Top lineup.  She's extended the deadline to Wednesday, to allow for people taking time out for Easter.  I'd recommend hopping over there for a look, as she has some fantastic photos in there.


13 comments:

  1. Diane, Love your blouse.. It is beautiful. Such a pretty fabric.. I know you will get lots of enjoyment wearing this one..
    Thank you for sharing Faye's blouse sew along. I have enjoyed it. And got 2 blouses done.. Yea..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this top! and the neckline makes is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the detail around the neckline - super looking top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous top! I adore the fabric and the flounce detail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peggy, I'll enjoy wearing this

      Delete
  5. Yes, this is a lovely top, ruffles are a gorgeous touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Diane. I can't believe you found that gorgeous fabric in a charity shop! By the way, I don't know if you've had one already but I've just awarded you a Liebster award - the details are on my blog - http://theamazingtaracat.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/and-first-id-like-to-thank/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I keep my eyes open these days. It's amazing what you can find!

      Delete
  7. Ohhh, love this top Diane, beautiful and lovely pictures of you!

    ReplyDelete