I work with Copyright by day and Craft by night ....


Marguerite Designs is now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...

I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...

Monday, 14 May 2012

City and Guilds Module 3

This is what City & Guilds is mainly all about - sampling.  It takes time, especially the blocking and presentation, but I'm enjoying stretching my skills and finding out about things I'd never usually think about.  I'm studying with Knit Design Online, http://www.knitdesignonline.com/.  These are some samples from Module 3.  I'm really looking forward to the design elements later on in the course.  I've nearly finished number 5 but just haven't had time to post about it yet.


My colour inspiration for the below was an image of one of these chameleons - I found this picture on the web but don't know the source ......

Knitting round corners ....


Sideways knitting ...



















5 comments:

  1. this is the kind of details book writers use! Wonderful, I'm so jealous of your skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Charlotte - I would dearly love to write a craft book ... one day ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented. Oh I got my Sew mag and saw your photo. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Rachel - I'm rushing out to get one now ... I had an idea I might be in there because they contacted me for my address.

    ReplyDelete