Wednesday 9 November 2011

Shell Island

If you really want to get away from everything, then I totally recommend here.  It's just off the North Wales coast.  You need to be aware of tides and drive across a causeway to get there, but it's worth the hassle.  Well, I think so anyway ... You can drive or walk around the dunes, wander up the beach and collect all manner of shells - not just common or garden ones, but curly shaped and beautifully coloured ones.  I came away with two buckets full.  I think some of them are destined to be stuck round an old picture frame for a bathroom mirror.

It's just nice to go and relax ...




2 comments:

  1. OMG we wemt camping here a few years ago!! It was an amazing place, a beach that lasted for ever, sand dunes that the kids thought where amazing! Somewhat away from everything but just great ( we took our bikes with us) I was totally exhusted after this holiday but it was so memorable! You must be heading for Snowdonia next?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent the time wandering around and collecting shells , so I was pretty relaxed after that. I've been before and will definitely go again .

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...