Now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...







I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...










Friday, 11 November 2011

Only a Rose ...

I love roses and the 'Spanish Harlem' theme at Sew Weekly gave me the opportunity to use up a feltmaking kit I've had for a while.  I ought to have done a tutorial on this really, it was an involved process and took over my kitchen table for a whole afternoon!  There's a lot of rolling and soaking in alternate baths of hot and cold water.  I love the end result though and it seemed that the messier I was, the better things seemed to turn out.  Felt is something I've wanted to try for ages.  I did my Polytechnic thesis on the Felt Hat Industry of my old home town of Denton in Manchester - there's a copy of it in Stockport Hatworks Museum, if anyone is interested!



The kit was by 'Gillian Gladrags'


4 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I have a kit from the same place for Christmas coming this year so think I'm going to have a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I accidentally felted a wool jumper recently and I've been looking for a project to use it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd have another go at this. I didn't have a bamboo mat available to do the rolling with, but a rollng pin and a new dishcloth, with the felt sandwiched inbetween works just as well.

    ReplyDelete