Saturday 25 June 2011

Treasure Hunting

Went out searching for treasure today and managed to come up with this little lot.  There was a 'Crafts and Collectables' market on in my town and one lady had vintage haberdashery.  The red buttons came from her at 50p.  How is it that everything haberdasherywise is 50p?  I've come across this so many times ...  Anyway, I'm going to use these on some Italian printed cotton I've got stashed away, it's in vivid reds and blues.  Then had a pattern splurge at my favourite charity shop - I think someone had been in with their collection.  Some interesting ones, particularly the skirt on the far left, from 1972, a one piece pattern!  I think this is the easiest one I've ever come across.  In the middle front row is one from 1958 - not my size but worth getting for pattern swaps etc...  I'm using the 'Maudella' New Look pattern with the Italian cotton mentioned above.  Also found a Vogue one, which is a bit big for me but I'll make it fit!  Most of these have never been cut out before, which is a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...