Thursday 19 May 2011

UK Swap Meet Part IV - V&A Exhibition


Debi's photo of the Yamamoto exhibition
OK - time for action and first up the Yamamoto exhibition at the V&A.  I was quite taken by an 'inside out' coat.  The sleeve linings, which were striped, were attached to the outside, so, not unlike my own jacket but in an oddly creative way .....  I can never get over the practical side of my nature .... silky sleeve linings are meant to be on the inside of a coat aren't they, to help you get the coat on?  Why hide the rich red wool outer?  All the same, it was attention grabbing, along with the 'inside pocket' detail appearing on the outer.  I'm sure Debi won't mind if I pinch her photo of the whole exhibiton to use here.  The prices in the V&A gift shop prompted a swift exit to Goldhawk Road ...., though I did come away with a postcard of the 'inside out' coat ...

Some souvenirs of the day ... My photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...