Tuesday 24 May 2011

Laying out the pattern pieces of the Chevron Skirt

Cut out your right front (1) on the slant, making your chevron as steep or shallow as you wish.

Use the right front piece you've just cut, rather than the paper pattern, as a template to cut your back left (2).  Use it to get your stripes in exactly the same place.

Cut your left front (3) by placing your pattern piece roughly as shown and use your back left piece (dashed section) as a guide to where the stripes exactly go.  Manouvre it a bit to make them match.

Cut out your remaining right back exactly the same as the left front piece you've just cut (4).  When you come to sew your pieces together, you will find that your side stripes will miraculously match up!

I'll explain about the waistband in the next post ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...