Tuesday 11 July 2017

Sewing Progress ....

I am so enjoying working with this Liberty fabric.  It is beautifully soft and runs through my machine like a dream.  There have been no snags or hold ups.



This description is from the Liberty website: 

Taking its name from Lake Tana in East Africa where the original cotton grew, Tana Lawn cotton is unique. Made from specially selected ultra-fine long staple cotton and finished without the use of crease-resisting chemicals or irritating allergens, the result is a famous masterpiece of fabric technology: fine, cool, comfortable and durable, with brilliant reproduction of colours and prints. 

I've finished the bodice section which was simple enough to construct, with some gathers at the shoulders and sewn down pleats around the waist - no darts.  The shoulder seam extends over from the back piece.  


The skirt is going on next.....











No comments:

Post a Comment

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...