Friday 17 February 2017

Cleo Goes to Work ....



I've finished my first Cleo and it won't be the last!  This Tilly and the Buttons pattern was a joy to sew from start to finish and ended up looking so professional - nothing homemade about it at all!  I stayed safe with my choice of fabric in navy blue, figuring that I could then wear it with a variety of tops.  I found it at The Fent Shop in King's Lynn, Norfolk which is a small, family run store which has been there for years (it even has it's own Royal Warrant!).  They now sell online too for anyone who's interested, although a visit in person is a treat as it is well stocked upstairs and down with all kinds of fabric treasures and discoveries - they are known as an 'Aladdin's Cave' of fabrics.


I've never sewn with corduroy before though but that was a pleasant experience - I used a thick cord which holds its shape nicely.  I only made one slight alteration to the pattern to suit my shape which was easy enough, grading the bottom half slightly larger to suit my shape.  The cord sewed up beautifully and is wonderfully soft.  I used a single row of topstitching all around to finish off.  It's a perfect outfit with a stripy top for our dress down days at work - I always stress about what to wear but this is perfect!  Watch out for more versions as spring and summer draws near ....... want to do a print version next ......



2 comments:

  1. I love it Dianne.. Looks so good on you.. And it looks comfortable too.
    I made my granddaughter a corduroy skirt this past week..She loves it, says it is so comfortable.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy - plans afoot for another one for the summer now!

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...