Sunday 2 October 2016

Cake for a Cause

Here in the UK there is an annual event, The World's Biggest Coffee Morning, which occurs each September.  It is in aid of the Macmillan Cancer Support charity.  We held our own event at work last week and several of us baked cakes, biscuits, sausage rolls, cheese straws, to name just a few things, which we then sold.  We did really well ... and I enjoyed dusting off my cake tins once again.  I made choc chip cookies and cupcakes ...







I am happy to have come second with my dairy free lemon cupcakes in the Best Baker competition! There was such a buzz around the office on the day and it really brought everyone together.



Tatty Devine have also designed a brooch, earrings and keyring for the charity - they have a a kind of handcrafted sewing feel to them.

 

I think we'll make this an annual event ...

1 comment:

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...