I work with Copyright by day and Craft by night ....


Marguerite Designs is now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...

I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...

Wednesday, 24 February 2016

Designing Your Way


A few posts ago, I documented my creative journey so far in life.  I had just finished City & Guilds and was enjoying a rest and a look back over achievements so far.  I thought a retrospective might provide a pointer for the next leg of the journey and it has in a way.  I really enjoyed the creative design elements of C & G and have been taking this aspect further in 'Designing Your Way', the first module of a series of 4 run by Rachel Taylor and Beth Kempton of the Make It In Design School.  I am re-discovering drawing and the design process, along with how to look at the world from a designers perspective once again.  Module 1 only lasts for 5 weeks and I am in Week 4 already.  It's entirely manageable alongside my full-time job and very enjoyable.  More news soon!

3 comments:

  1. that sounds really interesting, I love the idea of modules makes the achievements regular and more manageable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a great course Charlotte. I'm still doing some of the exercises and thoroughly enjoying it all ...

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete