Saturday 1 August 2015

Aster Progress

This project is coming along beautifully.  I've chosen to make my version in a white broderie anglaise fabric from my stash.  It cut out really well and I began sewing this morning.  I spent a couple of hours at it and sewed the stay stitching around the neck, did the shoulder seams, front darts, back pleat and attached the back yoke to the main body.  I just kept going until lunchtime!  It's a great project to get back into sewing with.  Looking forward to my  next sewing session already ...

Stay stitching around neckline

Front dart

Shoulder seams sewn, darts done and back yoke attached to main body 

2 comments:

  1. I love the fabric you've chosen and I think it'll work great with the pattern. I might have to see how yours turns out and then see about buying the pattern myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you around Rachel! Things are turning out great so far and I'm really pleased. There are loads of different combinations for different styles of blouse so it looks like a good investment ...

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...