Saturday 21 June 2014

Share in Style - GOLD

I wasn't going to take part in this theme, as I've been on holiday this week and I couldn't think what to do ...   But Rosy 'twisted my arm' and I've managed to put something together.  This is my waterlily skirt, teamed with a pair of gold and silver shoes, which sadly don't fit properly anymore but I keep them as a souvenir.  They came from San Francisco - I wanted to bring something 'bling' home with me from when I went years ago.  These fitted the bill!  Especially as the shop I got them from delivered them in my (then) size from another branch in a stretch limo with the number plate 'Le Shu 1'!  They weren't very expensive either - I think they were in the sale...




I appliqued the flowers on to the skirt, taken from another that I found in a sale.  There's gold embroidery in the centres, which match the shoes nicely ...


We are having glorious weather this week, as you can see from the shine!  Talking of waterlilies, I have two coming out at the same time this year, which is a further improvement on none, then one. I'll try and get a photo at some point today ...

This is last year ...


And this year, two buds on their way ...


This close-up collage is especially for Doris Button, who's left a comment below ...


The flowers were originally on a thin, cotton skirt and I could easily cut round them, leaving a small hem allowance.  I machined them on carefully, turning the shapes as I went along.  The skirt fabric is 'hugs and kisses' by Anna Marie Horner - I thought the 'O' shapes looked just like lily pads ... I'm pleased with the outcome, considering I bought the skirt so cheaply in a sale, with extra money off it because the zip was broken.  Bargain!    

6 comments:

  1. Dianne, You look beautiful in that skirt.. Just perfect color.. and the lily's on it ,...gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gold shoes Margerite, but I WANT, WANT, WANT you skirt, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Thank you for being part of the Share-in-Style family
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wished you had shown a close-up of the skirt and especially the applique! From what I can see, the skirt is so beautiful! Pleas add another pic! :-)

    I love waterlilies, and I had some in a wooden barrel on my patio, but they were not very lucky there. I guess they need a certain water depth, and the water was all too soon a nursery for loads of mosquito babies, so sadly I had to part with my small pond.

    Best regards from very sunny, very dry Switzerland (it hasn't rained properly since almost 2 months...),
    Doris aka Mrs.Button

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty skirt that pairs wonderfully with your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful post, dear Diane! I'm surprised you get "cultivate" water lilies ... that is so idyllic! I am also impressed with your look wonderful, gorgeous shoes and beautiful skirt, I want to thank you for your effort in this Share in Style, I know you to be on vacation and you took your time to prepare this post, you are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for adding the pictures of the applique - it's wonderful! That's a wonderful idea how to make a very special applique. I love the shape of the flower. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...