I work with Copyright by day and Craft by night ....


Marguerite Designs is now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...

I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...

Monday, 12 August 2013

Goldhawk Road - Novelties


More fabric finds from that special day - cottons this time. These types of print are known as 'novelties' in the textile design business. The tape measure one was bought, especially for a swap (hope my recipient likes it when it gets there and that I haven't let the cat out of the bag!)  The buses and berries are both from the Swapathon - not sure who brought them but I love them to bits so thanks!  I think I had buses on the brain because of the below photo of Shepherd's Bush bus station, taken through the grill of the tube station, especially for my brother who's a transport historian.  I'm going to make bags out of this print. There's enough of the berries to make a dress, a Sewaholic Cambie, so I'm looking forward to that :-))


10 comments:

  1. What beautiful fabrics.. Love the berries. That will be a pretty dress. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I had a bit more time to start it all Judy!

      Delete
  2. I love these! Still gutted I missed this meet up, I'm definitely going to try and make it to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that one is meant for me, so I will forget that I saw it.... :) Those are all really cute fabrics!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Tanya - it's so difficult choosing for someone else.

      Delete
  4. I was going to buy the tape measures, but instead I bought some other sewing related fabric, I will prob buy the tape measures next time. I love the buses as well must look out for that next time I am in the area. I was going to do the exact same thing with my novelty prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will keep an eye out on what you create!

      Delete
  5. A bag from the routemaster bus print would be cool :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm going to make a fairly biggish tote.

      Delete