I work with Copyright by day and Craft by night ....


Marguerite Designs is now a registered trademark for fashion and homewares.

Join my blog as I experiment with colour, pattern and textile arts ...

I love photography, drawing, painting, working with fabrics/yarn and anything vintage ...

Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Goldhawk Road - nearly finished!

Two more finds!  One bought and one from the swap.  I bought the 'ticking' type fabric.  It's got a little red square woven into it with 'feathery' ends on one side.  I thought it might make a nice jacket lining, or even an outer fabric if it had an underlining.  We'll see ...  The 'cherry' print is a chiffon and I'm going to have a try at hand rolling the edges, something I've never done before and that I've seen a lot on scarves and such like.

  

5 comments:

  1. Two beautiful fabrics. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy - hope you get some sewing time soon.

      Delete
  2. It's all a bit of fun isn't it Judy?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be really interested in hearing your thoughts about rolled hems, I have not ever tried it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll do a little tutorial on it when I get round to doing so ...

      Delete