Thursday 15 November 2012

It's a shirt ... (dress)

It's been so nice to get back to sewing again.  I really want to do some more and am so happy with the outcome of this dress - I've just shared it on Sew Weekly.  Thank you Magpie Mimi!  This is the pattern I won from you!  It made up beautifully and the inside comes out just as well as the outside.  All the seams in the bodice are totally covered over by the pattern pieces.  I can see more versions of this ... I could do contrasting sleeve cuffs and collar for instance, or a different bodice to the skirt ... there are so many possibilities.  Anyway, Judy likes it already!

I had to get some knitting in there too somewhere!

2 comments:

  1. Diane,
    As I have already told you. I love, love this dress. It is one of my favorite dresses ,you have made. Love the fabric.
    Thankyou for getting the pattern # for me. If I can't find it on Etsy or Ebay, I would be glad to pay you to copy it or buy it from you.. DO you have paypal? I could pay you through pay pal.. Thank you for offering help. I appreciate it.
    Hope you and family have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you back here and sewing Diane! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...