Saturday 11 June 2011

Thrift v. Luxury

I like a bit of both really ... I was lucky enough to go to the London Book Fair at Earl's Court recently for work.  I always like to take the bus across London if I can because I love to see what is going on around me.  We hit a traffic jam at Oxford Circus ...Ha...Liberty's immediately popped into my head!  So, off the bus I got and made my way down Regent Street.  Had a good wander round looking at all the lovely things and came away with some trimmings before continuing on my way to Earl's Court by tube.  In direct contrast, I've been lucky enough to find these vintage zippers in a local charity shop along with some threads and lengths of lace.
My favourite is the length of multi-coloured flowers in muted colours.

All at 50 pence each.  The backing fabric is also vintage at £2.75. 

2 comments:

  1. Good shopping trip! It all looks lovely! What are you going to use the purple embroidered trim for? Looks very William Morris arts and crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mimi, that was quick! It is a kind of 'arts and crafts' pattern - not quite sure yet what I'm going to do with it but I might use it along the centre of a bag strap.

    ReplyDelete

Find me on Instagram

My posts have been fewer and fewer of late and so I've decided that to kick off the New Year and keep things simpler, I'll just be u...